BUILDINGS - PhotoEnrichments

Galleries

Powered by SmugMug Log In

Free Public Library

The West Tampa Free Public Library was a gift from one immigrant - Scotsman and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie - to many more immigrants who sought the American Dream.

On New Year's Day 1914 a grand celebration marked the opening of the first library in Hillsborough County. It was one of 10 Carnegie libraries built in Florida from the early 1900s to about 1917.

freepubliclibrarytampafloridafree public libraryold building